Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
Configure Red Hat Virtualization
Configure networking and storage for use with Red Hat Virtualization
Manage user accounts and access to the Red Hat Virtualization environment
Install and manage virtual machines in Red Hat Virtualization
Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
Manage virtual machine snapshots and images
Migrate virtual machines and explore high-availability options
1 – Red Hat Virtualization overview
- Explain the purpose and architecture of Red Hat Virtualization.
2 – Install and configure Red Hat Virtualization
- Install a minimal Red Hat Virtualization environment and use it to create a virtual machine.
3 – Create and manage datacenters and clusters
- Organize hypervisors into groups using datacenters and clusters.
4 – Manage user accounts and roles
- Configure user accounts using a central directory service, then use roles to assign access to resources based on job responsibilities.
5 – Adding physical hosts
- Add additional Red Hat Virtualization hosts automatically, and move and remove hosts from datacenters as needed.
6 – Scale Red Hat Virtualization infrastructure
- Add Red Hat Virtualization hosts automatically, configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts when appropriate, and move and remove hosts from data centers as needed.
7 – Manage Red Hat Virtualization networks
- Separate network traffic into multiple networks on one or more interfaces to improve the performance and security of Red Hat Virtualization.
8 – Manage Red Hat Virtualization storage
- Create and manage data and ISO storage domains.
9 – Deploy and manage virtual machines
- Operate virtual machines in the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
10 – Migrate virtual machines
- Migrate and control automatic migration of virtual machines.
11 – Manage virtual machine images
- Manage virtual machine snapshots and disk images.
12 – Automating virtual machine deployment
- Automate deployment of virtual machines by using templates and cloud-init.
13 – Back up and upgrade Red Hat Virtualization
- Back up, restore, and upgrade the software in a Red Hat Virtualization environment.
14 – Explore high-availability practices
- Explain procedures to improve the resilience and reliability of Red Hat Virtualization by removing single points of failure and implementing high-availability features.
15 – Perform comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization; using the platform to create and manage virtual machines; and backing up and updating components of Red Hat Virtualization.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.