Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
– Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
– Manage file systems and logical volumes
– Manage scheduled jobs
– Access network file systems
– Manage SELinux
– Control firewalls
– Perform troubleshooting tasks
1 – Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
2 – Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
3 – Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
4 – Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
5 – Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
6 – Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
7 – Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
8 – Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
9 – Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
10 – Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
11 – Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
12 – Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
13 – Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
14 – Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
15 – Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Enroll in this course
$4,750.00 – $5,000.00
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.