Red Hat Security - Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH415)
Students that complete this course should be able to demonstrate these skills:
– Analyze and remediate system compliance using OpenSCAP and SCAP Workbench, employing and customizing baseline policy content provided with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
– Monitor security-relevant activity on your systems with the kernel’s audit infrastructure.
– Explain and implement advanced SELinux techniques to restrict access by users, processes, and virtual machines.
– Confirm the integrity of files and their permissions with AIDE.
– Prevent unauthorized USB devices from being used with USBGuard.
– Protect data at rest but provide secure automatic decryption at boot using NBDE.
– Proactively identify risks and misconfigurations of systems and remediate them with Red Hat Insights.
– Analyze and remediate compliance at scale with OpenSCAP, Red Hat Insights, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat Ansible Tower.
1 – MANAGE SECURITY AND RISK
- Define strategies to manage security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
2 – AUTOMATE CONFIGURATION AND REMEDIATION WITH ANSIBLE
- Remediate configuration and security issues with Ansible Playbooks.
3 – PROTECT DATA WITH LUKS AND NBDE
- Encrypt data on storage devices with LUKS and use NBDE to manage automatic decryption when servers are booted.
4 – RESTRICT USB DEVICE ACCESS
- Protect system from rogue USB device access with USBGuard.
5 – CONTROL AUTHENTICATION WITH PAM
- Manage authentication, authorization, session settings, and password controls by configuring pluggable authentication modules (PAMs).
6 – RECORD SYSTEM EVENTS WITH AUDIT
- Record and inspect system events relevant to security, using the Linux kernel’s audit subsystem and supporting tools.
7 – MONITOR FILE SYSTEM CHANGES
- Detect and analyze changes to a server’s file systems and their contents using AIDE.
8 – MITIGATE RISK WITH SELINUX
- Improve security and confinement between processes by using SELinux and advanced SELinux techniques and analyses.
9 – MANAGE COMPLIANCE WITH OPENSCAP
- Evaluate and remediate a server’s compliance with security policies by using OpenSCAP.
10 – AUTOMATE COMPLIANCE WITH RED HAT SATELLITE
- Automate and scale your ability to perform OpenSCAP checks and remediate compliance issues using Red Hat Satellite.
11 – ANALYZE AND REMEDIATE ISSUES WITH RED HAT INSIGHTS
- Identify, detect, and correct common issues and security vulnerabilities with Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems by using Red Hat Insights.
12 – PERFORM A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on review exercises.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.