Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188)
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) introduces students to building, running, and managing containers with Podman and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course helps students build the core skills for developing containerized applications through hands-on experience. This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.6 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
Introduction to containers
Run containers with Podman
Build custom container images
Manage container images
Remote debugging with containers
Basic container networking
Persist data with containers
Run multi-container applications
Troubleshoot Container Deployments
Orchestrate containers with OpenShift and Kubernetes
1 – Introduction and overview of containers
- Describe how containers facilitate application development.
2 – Podman basics
- Manage and run containers with Podman.
3 – Container images
- Navigate container registries to find and manage container images.
4 – Custom container images
- Build custom container images to containerize applications.
5 – Persisting data
- Build persistent databases.
6 – Container networking
- Describe basic container networking and how to access containerized services.
7 – Troubleshooting containers
- Analyze container logs and configure a remote debugger.
8 – Multi-container applications with compose
- Run multi-container applications using Compose.
9 – Container orchestration with Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Orchestrate containerized applications with Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 4 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.