Project Management Fundamentals
Students will benefit from this course by understanding the foundational principles of project management, improving their project management skills, utilizing tools and techniques to effectively manage projects, gaining a common project management language to improve communication, and learning frameworks to identify, manage, and mitigate risk. Concepts learned in this course are immediately applicable to ongoing projects.
Note: This course has been approved by PMI for 8 PDUs.
Goals and benefits of implementing project management
Key project management terminology, frameworks, and tools
How to apply the approaches and processes to better manage and complete a project
Important interpersonal interactions needed for successful projects
1 – Introduction
- What are Projects?
- What is Project Management?
- Basic Project Management Process
- Project Selection
- How Projects Further Organizational Goals
- What Factors can Influence Projects?
- Project Management Tools
- Role of the Project Manager
- The Language of Project Management
2 – Starting a Project
- Authorizing the Project (Project Selection)
- Assigning the PM
- Identifying and Documenting the High-Level Scope
- Gathering a Planning Team
- Identifying and Documenting the Impacted Parties
3 – Planning a Project
- Adapting to the Needs of the Project (Planning Level)
- Identifying the Work Required
- Estimating Time, Cost and Resources Required
- Developing a Schedule
- Developing a Budget
- Planning Communications and Quality
- Risk Management
- Purchases and Outside Vendors for a Project
4 – Executing the Project
- Managing Participants in the Project
- Managing Interested and Impacted Parties
- Performing the Planned Work
- Negotiating and Signing Contracts
- Managing Communications, Risk and Quality
5 – Overseeing and Controlling the Project
- Controlling the Scope, Schedule and Budget
- Controlling Change to the Project (Scope, Schedule, Cost and Final Product)
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Contract Administration
6 – Ending a Project Overseeing and Controlling the Project Executing the Project
- Closing Contracts
- Transferring the Final Product
- Lessons Learned and Archiving Records
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.