AZ-040T00 Automating Administration with Windows Powershell
Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands.
Identify and run cmdlets for local system administration.
Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
Create basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell.
Manage Azure resources with PowerShell.
Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell.
Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
1 – Getting started with Windows PowerShell
- Windows PowerShell overview
- Understand Windows PowerShell command syntax
- Find commands and get help in Windows PowerShell
2 – Windows PowerShell for local systems administration
- Active Directory Domain Services administration cmdlets
- Network configuration cmdlets
- Server administration cmdlets
- Windows PowerShell in Windows 10
3 – Working with the Windows PowerShell pipeline
- Understand the pipeline
- Select, sort, and measure objects
- Filter objects out of the pipeline
- Enumerate objects in the pipeline
- Send and pass pipeline data as output
4 – Using PSProviders and PSDrives
- Using PSProviders
- Using PSDrives
5 – Querying management information by using CIM and WMI
- Understand CIM and WMI
- Query data by using CIM and WMI
- Make changes by using CIM and WMI
6 – Working with variables, arrays, and hash tables
- Use variables
- Manipulate variables
- Manipulate arrays and hash tables
7 – Windows PowerShell scripting
- Introduction to scripting with Windows PowerShell
- Script constructs
- Import data from files
- Accept user input
- Troubleshooting and error handling
- Functions and modules
8 – Administering remote computers with Windows PowerShell
- Use basic Windows PowerShell remoting
- Use advanced Windows PowerShell remoting techniques
- Use PSSessions
9 – Managing Azure resources with PowerShell
- Azure PowerShell
- Introduce Azure Cloud Shell
- Manage Azure VMs with PowerShell
- Manage storage and subscriptions
10 – Managing Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell
- Manage Microsoft 365 user accounts, licenses, and groups with PowerShell
- Manage Exchange Online with PowerShell
- Manage SharePoint Online with PowerShell
- Manage Microsoft Teams with PowerShell
11 – Using background jobs and scheduled jobs
- Use background jobs
- Use scheduled jobs
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.